Battery Safety is a Vapors number one priority. We ask that you use this guide to determine if your batteries are safe to use and running smoothly. Keep you and your mod SAFE!
How to Inspect Batteries
The first step in this process is to take a good look at your batteries. You want to check for damage, swelling, and juice residue.
- Are the wraps tearing or peeling?
- Is your battery missing the wrap entirely?
- Do you see rust or corrosion on your batteries?
- Do you see any dents or obtrusions?
- Do you see any discoloration under the wrap?
- Does your battery look like this?
If it does, go ahead and bring those in for us to recycle for you and snag yourself a new set. You NEVER want to use a damaged battery, as these can cause a whole host of issues.
These issues can include
- Venting- This describes when your battery releases acid and/or puffs up.
- Arching- When electricity jumps from the battery to the device.
- Over-Heating- When your battery gets hot to the touch.
- Dead Cells- When a section inside of the battery does not charge.
and many more issues can and will arise from using bad batteries.
Storing your batteries properly is just as important as checking them. If stored improperly this can cause damage to the internals and externals of the battery. A few good tips are
- Never expose to extreme heat or cold
- Always store in a battery case- This protects the batteries from making contact with themselves, other metal objects, and damage to the wrap. Keeping them safe to use and preventing fires.
- Never leave them unattended while charging
- Never let the liquid come in contact with batteries
What do I do with my old/Unsafe Batteries?
Bring them in! Every Generation V will happily take your batteries for recycling. Never throw your batteries away, batteries contain hazardous materials and must be recycled.
Using a good charger will help you keep your batteries safe too! Always check for
- Fraying Chords
- Liquid Damage
- Corrosion on Contacts
- Stiff or Stuck Bays
If your charger has any of these issues or other damage, replace it!